Etiquetas

lunes, 18 de julio de 2011

The call of the Wind


Well, it's finally time to unfold the sails again!  Amazingly quick passed 9 months working here in Tenerife, and I can feel again the wind and the road calling me. Now July 19th is the birthday of my dad Lulín so we'll spend a quiet birthday with my family and few days later I'll embark on yet another small trip around Europe. I'll arrive to Barcelona on the 23rd (ish...) to meet with a couple of good ol' friends to finally start hitchhiking 1000 kms. through France to meet my friend Tuchkus from Lithuania and a bunch of other people around the 28th, in a small city on the east coast (Saint Nazaire). Tuchki hosted me in his awesome house in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and together with James (from New Zealand) we hitchhiked around the country. After some time our paths crossed again in the beautiful land of kangaroos, around Sydney and Melbourne, so the perspective of meeting again promises to be enjoyable. So the idea is now to spend a few days there, tell each other lots of stories (some of them real), and depart with a friend of him in his van to the distant lands of his unpronounceable country.
      I am still deciding how to get to BCN. The easiest option is to take a direct flight: easy, quite cheap, fast and no-stress. But, who likes easy options?... So the way I'm considering is to get on board on a ship that takes me from Santa Cruz de Tenerife to Huelva in the south of Spain, crossing 30 hours of Atlantic Ocean, and hoping to meet on board a friendly truck driver or an easy going family who is heading to Gaudi's city and don't mind to take a young backpacker in exchange of some nice stories. A bit cheaper, a bit slower but lots of fun! Ladies and Gentlemen, another story is about to begin! Fasten your seatbelt, and keep yourselves informed!...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario